Due to federal regulations, your FMCSA Portal password expires every 90 days. This password is issued by the FMCSA and is unique to your FMCSA Compass Portal Account. In order to continue receiving accurate Daily Updates, you must make sure the Vigillo Data Updater is using your current FMCSA password.
NOTE: The FMCSA Portal password is different from your Vigillo customer account login and password (Manage your Vigillo account login and password here)
- Locate the Data Updater icon. If you do not see it at the bottom of your computer screen click on the white triangle by the date and time (system tray).
- Go to the FMCSA Portal tab.
- Enter your most current FMCSA password.
- Click Test.
- Click OK.
- Click OK at the bottom to exit Data Updater.
Locate the Data Updater icon. If you do not see it at the bottom of your computer screen click on the white triangle by the date and time (system tray).
- Go to the FMCSA Portal tab. Click Add DOT.
- Enter your DOT Number and your FMCSA login information.
- Click Test.
- Click OK. You will now notice that both the Vigillo and FMCSA tabs have green circles with white checks.
- Click OK to exit Data Updater.
If you see a red circle with a white X after you enter your new password:
Type the password where you can see it to verify accuracy
Copy and paste into the Vigillo Data Updater
Still not successful?
If you cannot locate the Vigillo Data Updater icon:
Click on your Windows Start Button
Go to All Programs>Startup folder>Vigillo Data Updater
If you do not see the Vigillo Data Updater, right click the folder and then choose Open; click on the Windows Button and drag the Vigillo Data Updater button into the Open Startup Folder
If the set-up page does not appear when you click on the Vigillo Data Updater icon:
Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
Click on Task Manager
Go to the Process tab
Find Vigillo Data Updater
Click on Step Process, then yes
Exit out of the Task Manger program
Click on your Windows Button
Go to Programs and locate the Vigillo folder
Click on the Vigillo Data Updater Icon
- Test your logins
To add/remove a recipient from receiving email alerts, please fill out the information below and provide it to Vigillo Support [contact information is below].
Information of Person to be removed from Daily Update email